That aside, it's interesting to note that most virility and libido herbs work through promoting qi and jing-vital energy and vital or core essence, rather than through synthetically influencing physical body function through physiology alone. This strength from nourished jing and qi radiates into all areas of life, including sexuality.
"An aphrodisiac is generally defined as a substance that enhances or stimulates passion and sexual arousal. There is no essential oil, herb, food, chemical or other substance that will magically or immediately arouse someone who does not want to become aroused. Drugs like Viagra are not aphrodisiacs. They simply ensure that a man's system functions as it should if he does wish to engage in intimacy. Individuals that are physically or emotional exhausted, under stress, lacking proper nutrition, depressed, anxious or physically ill often have a significantly more difficult time enjoying intimacy." (Source: Aromaweb)
What essential oils can do is enhance your ability to relax, renew, focus, ground into body and senses, and enhance presence, circulation and hormonal balance. These are essential functions for healthy adrenals; adrenals rely on jing to prevent burnout and lack of lustre. Support yourself with therapeutic essential oils; nourish yourself and flourish. You (and your sex life) will benefit greatly from self-care rituals, restoring your immunity, adrenal health, intellectual prowess and emotional vibrancy, in the process. Check out these blends, each featuring at least one aphrodisiac essential oil:
- Jasmine: Featured in our Sensual Beauty Body Oil and in Jasmine Blessing Oil & Mister.
- Rose: Find heart expanding, intimacy supporting Rose in our Heart's Content, Rose Garden, Sensual Beauty, Calendula Care Body Oils, Rosewood Blessing Oil, and Mystical, Women's Balance, Calendula Care, Heart's Content and Cheer Up Aromatherapy Sprays.
- Ylang Ylang: Masculine and evocative Ylang Ylang, enjoyed by all, is in Ylang Ylang Blessing Oil, Men's Balance Aromatherapy Spray.
- Vetiver: Smoky, slightly and delicious, cooling Vetiver isa delight to the senses. Find it in Mystical Aromatherapy Spray and Vetiver Blessing Oil. Divine!
- Sandalwood: Very popular, Sandalwood smells divine, is relaxing and grounding, helps open the pineal gland (endocrine system strongly influences libido and hormones!) Sandalwood is slightly smoky/musky, also sweet and expansive. So beautiful; you'll sleep like a baby with Sandalwood, too! Find it in Mystical Aromatherapy, Sensual Beauty Body Oil and Sandalwood Blessing Oil.
- Blue Lotus: A renowned mind altering, edible flower, Blue Lotus is mythic. We use just enough Blue Lotus essential oil (sourced sustainably from a single pond in Nepal!) in our Lotus Intelligence Herbal Oil, to create a sophisticated aphrodisiac. This blend is awakening and provides focus, as well as tantric and yogic encounters.
- Vanilla: Vanilla is an orchid, thus making sense as an aphrodisiac! Check out Vanilla Blessing Oil with your partner, or enjoy Home Sweet Home Aromatherapy Spray and shift the mood in your home.
Tips for using Blessing Oils, Aromatherapy Sprays and Herbal Body Oils:
- Blessing Oils: Dab on as perfume, massage with a partner, or use as whole body after shower nourishment! Create an alluring, inviting ambiance by wearing one of these blends:
- Herbal Body Oils: Total Rejuvenation Body Oils. Renew after a long day in the sun, replenish and promote collagen production, gather your sexy into mojo, to work its magic in your life...
- Aromatherapy Sprays: Create a warm, intimate and evocative environment, by spraying around house, bedroom, lightly on pillows and sheets. Add several spritzes to a bath and spritz around body, too!
- Benediction Balm: Enjoy with a partner, for mind, body and soul healing and pleasure. The oils in this blend support feelings of safety, trust and embodied sensuality.
Did you know?
Many essential oils are widely recognized and utilized for their aphrodisiac effect. Each individual essential oil typically has dozens of health applications. This seeming diversity can often boil down to a particular effect. Aphrodisiacs, for example, not only stimulate your libido, They also awaken your senses, ground your body, uplift your mind and spirit (anti depression and anti anxiety, anyone???).
Each of these '1st tier effects', in turn creates dozens of other positive body and health responses, including stress reduction and insomnia relief (these two alone impact your total well being: You skin can heal, depression can ease, chronic pain and inflammation decrease or eliminate, balance hormones and emotions-all from losing the stress and gaining the sleep!). Nervous system renewal, improved circulation and free flow of your Qi/vital essence, are further attributes. This is one gerbil wheel cycle you'll enjoy staying on! One improvement begets another, and it truly can all start with one single essential oil.
So grab your sexy blends anytime! Aphrodisiac: It does a body good!